Other Olympic Sports--Articles and Discussion

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I love her, hopefully she is healthy enough to run well in Paris.

I’m so bummed Sydney McLaughlin-Levrone isn’t running the flat 400 in Paris, it would been so exciting to see what she could do there.

Here's some good news:

Russia will not be sending any judoka nor wrestlers to Paris.

Daniil Medvedev will likely be the highest profile independent athlete from Russia at the Olymics. Ivan Litvinovich from Belarus will also return to defend his trampoline title.

USA women's soccer second to GER in Group B after opening match of the group phase. USA men 4th of four in Group A after same.

Katie Ledecky leads after the 400M prelims. Gonna miss part of sub 3 to watch her final.

The Eurosport commentator only described her as “American born and training in Texas”.

Apparently Janelle was there too
IMG_6288.png

I've never seen canoe slalom, but that looks fun! Like kayaking, with challenge. I may throw my hat in the ring for Paris '28, lol.

Ledecky gets bronze in the 400m. It's interesting how she's so far ahead of the pack in the 1500m but the 400m beats her ass.

Ledecky gets bronze in the 400m. It's interesting how she's so far ahead of the pack in the 1500m but the 400m beats her ass.
I’m guessing speed goes first before endurance as you get older. Wild that at 27 she is the oldest medalist ever in that event.

I know nothing about diving. Do they have prelims too or was that the final?
She made it to the finals. Finished last but making finals is like making team finals in gymastics so not bad.

There are only 8 teams, no prelims. There is one final and that is it. France made it because of being host country. They would not have qualified otherwise.

That said it is an amazing accomplishment. Juliet will be going to Auburn for diving, which is a strong program. I can see her competing again in LA 28.

There are only 8 teams, no prelims. There is one final and that is it. France made it because of being host country. They would not have qualified otherwise.

That said it is an amazing accomplishment. Juliet will be going to Auburn for diving, which is a strong program. I can see her competing again in LA 28.
I’m not sure she will stay in the partnership. The regular partner of the other diver (her sister) is injured.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back