Olympic Opening Ceremony

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Hatsumomo

Defender
Reaction score
This is one of my favorite parts of the Olympics so I'll be watching live (12?pm EDT). Though I still haven't watched Tokyo's; I was having surgery when it was going on and I never got around to watching.

I'll be watching the Prime Time coverage as Hubby likes it and doesn't really watch anything else Olympics except Curling and occasional Gymnastics that he sometimes follows.

Huh, they have a red carpet entrance going on. And Jamal Debbouze starts things off; he's an actor in one of my favorite movies (Amélie).

Commercial-free for the first hour

Nice Phantom of the Opera shoutout. Right now I'm just reminded of the horror movie As Above, So Below.

I really like that Paris is doing something very different. Incorporating the Seine instead of doing the whole shebang in a stadium, having the March of the Nations be by boat and being done first instead of last. I think when Beijing, London, and Rio really outdid stadium shows, another city has to make themselves stand out in a different way.

I know the USA funds a lot of the Olympics, but I would prefer French singers because this is supposed to be showcasing France after all.

I wonder how many boats they'll need to fit nearly 600 USA athletes...

Rebeca Andrade getting a shoutout by the NBC commentators as Brazil's boat comes in noting that she's nipping at Simone's heels

Not loving Kelly and Peyton as commentators. And we are doing an in-show Louis Vouitton commercial? Yeah...

Okay we just went into some heavy metal shizz. I dig it. I wonder how many parents are going to complain about the headless Marie Antoinettes.

Agreed. Are the boats still coming in or did they stop the flow for performances?

I’m really annoyed we seem to be missing most of the parade of nations.
I think they're doing it little by little, interspersed with the shows. I'm watching a non-NBC version and we're only on Dominica.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back