Leotards at Nationals

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Until you notice the criss-cross pattern on the mesh side cut outs, and then it’s an awful lot like dominatrix part 2 🤣

Oh lord, when I saw the side of the GAGE leo, my reaction was “you have got to be shitting me!”

I don’t get why the parents allow this! If my coaches presented a leo like that, my parents would have flipped the fuck out. GAGE is the worst and most habitual offender, but the (imo) inappropriate use of mesh on leotards is completely out of control these days.

I think that for WCC it seemed to be a fun or joke thing between the team and their coach and it was just a warm up leo that was inspired but not a copy. At TD it seemed to be that every competition the leo that Bailey and sometimes Ragan wore was a “homage to Kim” it seemed like the leos were chosen to gain attention for their coaches.

I really hated the GAGE leos both days - the “Disney Princess Jasmine” bikini leo and the Corset leo were tacky for a sport trying to clean up its image of sexualising young girls.

I liked that Jade and Riley were allowed to choose different leos that reflected their own style. I actually liked Jade’s red, white and blue that actually made her looked like she was participating in a sport much better than the Showgirl/Burlesque leos on display,

I wasn’t “outraged” by Key’s leo, so no need to direct it at me as if I was being a hypocrite.

Other people have already pointed out the clear difference between the WCC leo (a training leo worn by everyone from the gym inspired by the original) and Bailie’s leo (an exact replica worn in competition only by Bailie).

I saw this leo posted and I really like it.

Y’ALL! You too can outfit your entire team of minors in WCC’s faux snakeskin showgirl monstrosity!

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back