Judging Requests

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Question for the judges. Would you take -.1 for height on the punch front in this pass, or would you feel that’s “double-dipping” since the fall implies a lack of height?

Question for the judges. Would you take -.1 for height on the punch front in this pass, or would you feel that’s “double-dipping” since the fall implies a lack of height?
The fall is a result of the lack of height and also precision so I would go .1+.1+1.0= 1.2 deduction

However, I wouldn’t credit the front element either, so she would be missing that CR.
She does a front double full as another pass so that fulfills the front salto requirement. If she didn’t have the front 2/1then .5 deduction would also come off but not in E score but rather D score.

Without the additional front element, that punch front would have cost her 1.7

Last edited:
For the front tuck, I’d deduct .3 height, .1 foot form, .1 leg separation and 1.0 fall.

@irichluck21 because she lands feet first you must credit the element, however the gymnast does not receive CV.

Last edited:
I think I took 1 for height 1 for precision 1 for direction 1 for legs and 10 for the fall.

For the front tuck, I’d deduct .3 height, .1 foot form, .1 leg separation and 1.0 fall.

@irichluck21 because she lands feet first you must credit the element, however the gymnast does not receive CV.
It was super close to not getting to her feet!

I take .3 for Shang’s and often .1 for Urazova’s and others. However, if you’re falling, then that seems like a clear .3 to me

Judging sistahs!

giphy.webp

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back