Joscelyn Roberson retires from elite

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I lost track of her NCAA career. How many more years is she eligible?

Good for her, but also too bad. Her management of Simone is why Simone is Simone. We've seen similarly powerful and talented gymnasts have that be pissed away due to bad to substandard coaching
I know, I know, I know. Maybe Aimee's situation has changed and she would be open to going to WCC

Good for her, but also too bad. Her management of Simone is why Simone is Simone. We've seen similarly powerful and talented gymnasts have that be pissed away due to bad to substandard coaching
Managing one, exceptionally gifted athlete is completely different to managing a team of elite gymnasts at a high profile gym. It’s a job that’s under constant scrutiny, how often have we criticised the Landis for not doing enough to correct Joscelyn’s form, or not developing Tiana’s bars enough

I know, I know, I know. Maybe Aimee's situation has changed and she would be open to going to WCC
Sorry, that was initially meant as a reply to Mary Clare saying that Boorman seems to be more focused on her judging career and her quickly rising up the ranks

I lost track of her NCAA career. How many more years is she eligible?
Yes, can she have 2024-5 off and then come back later on? If she can, I'd think that makes a return more likely. There are bound to be a lot of commercial opportunities coming her way now.

I don't think Aimee has any interest in coaching. Remember, she moved to Florida for her family, was head coach at EVO (which I think has since dropped WAG and focused exclusively on MAG), and didn't last very long. I remember her saying something about crazy parents and insane expectations not at all based on reality.

I'm sure if she wanted to go back to coaching, she could do so in a heartbeat. That she hasn't speaks volumes.

I don't think Aimee has any interest in coaching. .. I remember her saying something about crazy parents and insane expectations not at all based on reality.
Likely the result of parents thinking since she was Simone's coach she would be their kid's ticket to elite and the national team. Once you reach a certain level of achievment people have totally unrealistic expectations.

Roberson posted on Instagram from her bedroom at home packing for college. They must have sent the alternates home right after Team Finals.

That's a hell of a turn around. Home from Paris and straight off to Arkansas.

I'm sorry but I don't know all the rules.. Can the alternates and the athletes stay as long as they want or do they need to leave as soon as they are finished? Only Hezly doesn't have a final coming up... does she have to leave?

They used to need room for more incoming athletes so you left the village. I’ll bet some people stay a few days for fun.

I'm sorry but I don't know all the rules.. Can the alternates and the athletes stay as long as they want or do they need to leave as soon as they are finished? Only Hezly doesn't have a final coming up... does she have to leave?
I don’t know about alternates, as they are housed in the USA House which is elsewhere in Paris.

In the village, all artistic gymnastics coaches and participants can remain in the village accommodation until the morning after the final day of competition. So Tuesday morning. However their accreditation lasts until the end of the closing ceremony, so they can still access the village and attend events where there is spectator seating set aside for other athletes. But if they want to stay for the closing ceremony, either their NOC arranges other accommodation, or they have to personally arrange it.

USAG probably just doesn't want to keep paying for them to stay there once they can no longer be subbed in for injured athletes. Since they're not in the village and not participating in anything related to the Olympics, there's no reason for them to remain in Europe.

USAG probably just doesn't want to keep paying for them to stay there once they can no longer be subbed in for injured athletes. Since they're not in the village and not participating in anything related to the Olympics, there's no reason for them to remain in Europe.
USAG aren’t paying. USOC permits USAG 2 replacement athletes, that they accommodate. Sometimes in a hotel, sometimes in USA House. I don’t know how long they get to stay there, but that USAG gives them tickets for prelims and TF only suggests that they don’t stay longer than that.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back