Heath Thorpe Non-Selection

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

How much were the fees vs how much were his lawyers? Was the GA appeal and the NST appeal two separate appeals? If he was appealing to the NST why was there a GA fee.
Not sure how much the GA appeal fee is/was, but either way the process cost that much. I doubt you can appeal without a lawyer and as he mentioned, he missed weeks of training gathering evidence to support his appeal.

Side note: I fear that GA is going to not let this slide and hold Heath accountable. Hopefully there will be no retaliation on their end.

Heath never going to get near another team. I’m sure GA is absolutely losing their ever-loving fucking minds that he went public.

Heath never going to get near another team. I’m sure GA is absolutely losing their ever-loving fucking minds that he went public.
Will they be able to bar him from competing at Continentals and/or World Cups next year?
Continentals possibly since there is a selection, but World Cups I don’t think they can.

Sure. Federations can only send so many athletes.for each world cup. All GA has to do is not select him to compete.

I thought NOC couldn’t block gymnasts from the world Cup qualification route, but is that still in effect for 2022-2024?

He will be competing at the Mersin World Cup in September, but if they do blacklist him, would he able to go to court?

Apparently the next two World Cups are Heath and another gymnast “competing head to head” to determine the World Team alternate.

Last edited:
I thought NOC couldn’t block gymnasts from the world Cup qualification route, but is that still in effect for 2022-2024?
I think you’re confusing this with the Jade Carey situation, where the USOC ruled that USAG couldn’t block an athlete from attempting to qualify to the Olympics through the individual qualifier route if they met the criteria set forth by USAG. Jade did. FIG had nothing to do with it.

Logan Owen must be the other potential alternate, based on Mersin challenge cup roster

I honestly hope that he GETS the alternate position, goes to BEL, has another team member go down, compete, and be the best AUS performer. I’d be recouping my legal fees and then some from AUS Gymnastics.

The other suspect thing is that - IF there was to be a named alternate, why would they even allow the whole thing to go to arbitration BEFORE the final team was named.

Last edited:
Can he change federations? It’s two years for sitting out, right? When they block him from Paris, what difference does the next worlds make?

I think it’s Jesse Moore.

And if Moore is fit enough to compete at a World Cup, he should be on the world’s team competing what he can. His potential is much higher than any other Australian gymnasts and getting him experience at World’s would be invaluable.

So initially did the selection committee weigh the comps evenly, then the NST instructed the committee to assign weightings to the comps (even though they were weighted equally to start with)?

Is the third release a Winkler? He seems to be twisting very early and is piked on re-catch.

It’s a Pogorolev, but actually even better because he’s doing it from an invert, not just from el-grip. Wow. That’s HOT. Incredibly, this gets NO bonus in MAG. And it’s a total shame because it’s hard as hell.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back