Figure Skating Thread (Olympic Spoilers/Discussion starting at post #16)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

CAS rejects Russia's appeal, US will get gold, Japan silver.

Canada's appeal is still open. If their appeal is successful, they would get bronze.

IOC is apparently trying to get US and Japanese athletes to Paris to hold the ceremony there.

If I ruled the world, they would award Bronze medals to Canada now and then let Russia appeal to get the bronze medals back. This waiting and wondering has thoroughly punished the clean athletes. Canada would receive the medals knowing that they might have to give them back. It's not ideal but waiting is more ridiculous.

I wonder if any Russian skaters on the team will accept the result.

I wonder if any Russian skaters on the team will accept the result.
It doesn’t matter what the individual skaters think about the result. It matters whether the government accepts the result. I would think they will still consider them the gold medalists including Valieva.

I’m sure no one has forgotten what happened with the Averinas

It doesn’t matter what the individual skaters think about the result. It matters whether the government accepts the result. I would think they will still consider them the gold medalists including Valieva.

I’m sure no one has forgotten what happened with the Averinas
Yevgeni Pluschenko, platinum medalist.

I highly doubt Russia is going to accept the bronze medal? It makes the decision even more baffling.

At least we don't need to worry about Russia ruining the event for everyone else in 2026. Russia can't qualify a team since Russian skaters aren't permitted to compete next season.

At least we don't need to worry about Russia ruining the event for everyone else in 2026. Russia can't qualify a team since Russian skaters aren't permitted to compete next season.
I had no idea but I guess we will have to see what happens with the war

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back