Class of 2024 Commits

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Do you know if Moorea Linker medically retiring is instead or in addition to the 2023 recruit walking on?

She is officially removed from the roster so that confirms the medical retirement…at least at Oklahoma.

She only needs a couple of elements to build her SV in NCAA. She has an okay straddle jump on beam so she can easily work with that.

Flight series, straddle+straddle quarter, a full turn, some cartwheel or front hand spring/walkover, 2 BHS to 1.5 dismount and she’s good for 9.9. They’re always going to forgive most form deductions on a big series.

She can also use straddle jumps for dance bonus on FX along with a DLO, a forward/backward to forward combo pass, and a double tuck. She’s got options that will score well without question.

Avery Neff is announcing her commitment at 12pm her time today

This year more people are being open about where they’re doing official visits and are trying to generate excitement about their commitments. I think other sports have done that for a while, it’s just more new for gymnastics.

Now that they can make money off their images the name recognition is more important. She’s trying to build a brand.

She’s Mormon, I wouldn’t be surprised if she’s trying to lean into the similar sort of audience MyKayla has. She’s done a pretty good job of building a following already, 20k IG followers for a L10 who’s never done elite is pretty decent.

Nothing against Neff, but I’m pretty ambivalent about where she ends up for college. She won’t exactly be a programme changer for any of OU, UF, LSU, Bama and to a lesser extent Utah.

She’s the #1 recruit, and the top schools were very aggressive in recruiting her - so those programs and coaches did believe she’d be a game changer for them. Especially the extent to which Florida was recruiting her, when they already have six incredible gymnasts coming in in that same class. It also extends beyond the team but the conference, as well. NIL is a major recruiting factor now and she has signed on with representation already, so building buzz around her name and her recruiting process was probably pretty important for that. I’m seeing so many weird comments about her and “why should we care, she’ll end up an influencer” comments. Don’t get it, really.

Welcome to the group! It’s always good to hear different opinions.

Last edited:
I’m seeing so many weird comments about her and “why should we care, she’ll end up an influencer” comments. Don’t get it, really.
And some people don’t get the hype. It’s fine. Like any athlete, i hope she has a good experience.

Yes. She is widely regarded as the best level 10 in her class. Won nationals in her age group 2021, 2nd this year to Lilly Pederson(signed with Oklahoma). Stuck her yurchenko 1 1/2 a couple times in competition this season. Any program would put her in their lineup tomorrow on vault if they could. Also has full NCAA difficulty on all events with clean execution and good performance quality on floor. More than an influencer, for sure.

Last edited:
When we are talking about a future NCAA Athlete, yes, that’s the bar. I don’t understand the snark in this sitiuation. Neither she, nor anyone else, is claiming she is future world champion material.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back