CKC is out at Georgia (Courtney Kupets-Carter)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I am surprised given they extended her contract.
I thought Georgia was much improved this year and had lots of potential for next year.

The reason for Georgia's success was Yoculan and her personality. However, that said, her coaching style wouldn't be acceptable these days. Clark was the best recruiter in the country and when he went to LSU so did the recruits.

LSU was a solid team but didn't really become national contenders until he got there.

Article looking at possible replacements. Find the inclusion of Clark, Wieber and the Howells a bit strange. All of whom have just had their best seasons at top schools.

Article looking at possible replacements. Find the inclusion of Clark, Wieber and the Howells a bit strange. All of whom have just had their best seasons at top schools.
Jay Clark makes no sense but including the other 2 is somewhat explainable.

I would expect Georgia to give the Howells a call even if they would be very unlikely to take it. Georgia have much more money and resources in their athletic department than Cal does so it could be something that could lure an established coach across.

And with Wieber, there might be some Georgia arrogance from being one of the big dogs in football compared to Arkansas that makes them think they could poach anyone from there.

Jay Clark makes no sense but including the other 2 is somewhat explainable.

I would expect Georgia to give the Howells a call even if they would be very unlikely to take it. Georgia have much more money and resources in their athletic department than Cal does so it could be something that could lure an established coach across.

And with Wieber, there might be some Georgia arrogance from being one of the big dogs in football compared to Arkansas that makes them think they could poach anyone from there.
I could see a situation whereby the Howell’s despite their season, can’t get increased funding or better facilities, being frustrated with that.

It does seem to me that Georgia hasn’t managed to move on from the legend of Suzanne, where as Alabama have, aside from the odd bit of houndstooth panelling, moved on from Sarah.

I think we have to remind ourselves that most of these local beat writers have little to no knowledge of gymnastics and especially the college gymnastics environment, so they put an article up like that, and they just go with some prominent names.

I can see the appeal of rebuilding an sec program over the next decade, but not if you're gonna be fired after a few years for not winning a title. Way too much of an uphill battle from someone not from Georgia or familiar with the UGA scene

Why would anyone go to Georgia from an established university and program?

They are a mid level team, far from a shadow of the team that once was, struggle to get big recruits, chance of getting fired within 5 year is high, and there is huge pressure to return to an era that no longer exists.

I wouldn't go anywhere near that position no matter the pay.

The Griffeths might make sense if they want their own team, but if I were them I would stay put and take over in a few years when Jay leaves.

I wonder if UGA would risk taking a chance at Catelyn Orel and her staff, they all need a new home and she's shown she can produce a championship type team. USAG Collegiate is far from SEC though.

Other than that I can't think of anyone that would potentially want to take over.

Apparently, GymCastic is saying that there's a rumor of Jay going back to UGA.

What’s next?

Tv Land Reaction GIF by Teachers on TV Land

This makes no sense to me. UGA gave up on Jay before. If any of the coaches after Yoculan deserved more time, it was Jay. He has been burned by them before.

I saw someone else speculate that he's trying to get more money out of LSU. That's the only thing that makes sense.

This makes no sense to me. UGA gave up on Jay before. If any of the coaches after Yoculan deserved more time, it was Jay. He has been burned by them before.

I saw someone else speculate that he's trying to get more money out of LSU. That's the only thing that makes sense.
Yeah, that doesn’t really make any sense at all. While I’m sure he would be able to rebuild the team, it would take years.

Whilst I could see Jay accepting an offer from another big school. Utah or UCLA perhaps, I just can’t see him going back to Georgia.

I understand why he’d want an increased salary from LSU. As I recall, he isn’t on the money that DD was. But perhaps he’d feel somehow vindicated that Georgia wanted him back.

Why would anyone go to Georgia from an established university and program?

They are a mid level team, far from a shadow of the team that once was, struggle to get big recruits, chance of getting fired within 5 year is high, and there is huge pressure to return to an era that no longer exists.

I wouldn't go anywhere near that position no matter the pay.

The Griffeths might make sense if they want their own team, but if I were them I would stay put and take over in a few years when Jay leaves.

I wonder if UGA would risk taking a chance at Catelyn Orel and her staff, they all need a new home and she's shown she can produce a championship type team. USAG Collegiate is far from SEC though.

Other than that I can't think of anyone that would potentially want to take over.
Georgia has the money and resources in its athletic department to be a great program again. And it could happen quickly. This would be a very appealing job for a lot of people.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back