Brazilian nationals August 11-14

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

In just saw they gave those bars 14.6? Did her d score go down? Or are they f–ing with MY REBECA

Last edited:
Anyway, Rebeca just got a 58.100 AA. A bit too high on some event but even so, best in the world right now for sure.

Anyway, Rebeca just got a 58.100 AA. A bit too high on some event but even so, best in the world right now for sure.
a 58.1??? She watered down 3 of her 4 events?? She scored a 57.298 at the olympics with full difficulty I literally laughed out loud when I saw this post

Remember AA scores are higher by 0.6 for dismount bonus (although most vaults have gone down 4 tenths so it’s probably a wash).

Yes, though she dismounted BB with bwd streteched so no DMT bonus and down an additional 0,4 for doing an A and not the E she used in Tokyo OG.

i mean, than bb was very solid, but 14.4 my sweet sweet ass.

ETA. ditto on that 14.7 VT. I actually think she could score that, but not on this one.

Last edited:
I’m okay with that vaults score actually. Her technique, amplitude, and form are outstanding. Just the landing is a variable really.

I imagine she’s one of the few gymnasts not getting height or distance deductions on her vaults.

Much like Sarah Voss in her TF vault (but not any other vault she’s ever done in her life).

Yeah, I mean on the one hand it’s like, that is absolutely a textbook DTY and to the naked eye what is actually wrong other than the 3 tenth step? But judging these days… makin’ us a bit cynical and so it’s never that simple maybe she flexed her pinkie toe during the block.

Random aside: is it valid to judge the roundoff entry of a yurchenko, like can you get deductions on a sloppy roundoff?

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back