Brazil’s National Championships

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

No way Soares out.
her BB And FX are locks for this team.
The last spot is up for Oliveira or De Lima. Coaches got to draw the best scenario counting their scores.

But i think it Will come down to UB And Oliveira Will be in.

Andrade VT UB BB FX
Barbosa VT UB FX
Saraiva VT BB FX
Soares BB FX
Oliveira VT UB

UB e BB last spots to be filled

At the same time, De Lima in could give a rest for Andrade on BB TF

Difficult puzzle here indeed

Took a trip down memory lane and watched Barbosa in 2007 AA, wild how close she was to beating Shawn Johnson for the title back then. Fluke fall on floor and a couple of wonky landings (side-step out of bounds on her Amanar, big bounce on her double pike floor dismount) gave her the bronze instead of gold, and effectively launched the hype machine for Shawn Johnson leading into Beijing, which arguably helped Nastia because she was able to peak outside of the direct media spotlight.

That worlds was Jade’s best comp, even with adding back the .8 from her fall on FX, she would be at 61.35 and was her kinda bounce a .3? That really goes to show how valuable that amanar was!

No way Soares out.
her BB And FX are locks for this team.
The last spot is up for Oliveira or De Lima. Coaches got to draw the best scenario counting their scores.
Olivera is needed for bars, yes?
De Lima seems more valuable than Soares. Olivera also put up a big BB number. De Lima had a higher D than Soares on floor, is this typical?

You are more the expert than me.
In your post you have Andrade, Saraiva, and Barbosa for FX would they go for that in TF with Andrade, Saraiva, and De Lima for BB?
That would leave Soares as alternate.

De Lima is really difficult to read. Cause she has so little international experience.
She just came through at this nationals.

Oliveira bars arent exceptional, but regarding Saraiva, Soares And De Lima Its a big gap.

I mean i think Soares And De Lima are Pretty close. So past competitions may play a role.

De Lima is really difficult to read. Cause she has so little international experience.
She just came through at this nationals.
Seeing as how she didn’t do well at Day 2, it makes sense for Soares over here for the team. Should Flavia not be at full force, I can see De Lima in her place.

But definitely looks to be: Andrade, Barbosa, Olivera, Saraiva, Soares alternate: De Lima

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back