Ash Watson's CoP mission

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

RAFIKI

Defender
I'm an occasional viewer of Nile Wilson and gang's videos so of course the algorithm feeds me more of them. Watson has just started a vlog mission to complete every skill in the MAG CoP. It's a fun idea for a vlog and really interesting to see some of the basics on SR/PB that you don't see much of in elite. Looking forward to following this journey.

(thought this would get more traction here than in the mega social media thread)

I saw this, and it's a cool idea, and as entertaining (and really nice) as Ash Watson is online, I do wish it were someone else who has a fighting chance of doing it. :p

Ash is a complete delight, but he struggled with the double mini/fast track/giant mattress setup in Denmark. I'm not sure his knees can handle some of the H skills

It's a cool idea but in practise I think most of it will be terribly boring to watch. There will be hours and hours of A and B skills all very similar to each other. The interesting skills will be few and far between. And I don't think he will be able to do the very hardest skills anyway.

If it was a kind of video catalogue showing all the skills that would be good but if it's just clickbait for youtube with loads of talking and a few skills here and there it's a no from me.

I saw this, and it's a cool idea, and as entertaining (and really nice) as Ash Watson is online, I do wish it were someone else who has a fighting chance of doing it. :p
Yeah, I want to see him do a Rodrigues.

If someone wants a catalog of all the skills with some video, you can go here STS Study guide

Or FB Curves (animations).

These are pay sites, but not super expensive.

It's a cool idea but in practise I think most of it will be terribly boring to watch. There will be hours and hours of A and B skills all very similar to each other. The interesting skills will be few and far between. And I don't think he will be able to do the very hardest skills anyway.

If it was a kind of video catalogue showing all the skills that would be good but if it's just clickbait for youtube with loads of talking and a few skills here and there it's a no from me.
He's been crushing through the easy skills in the early videos, with the knowledge that he can knock those out fast and then will need to train very specifically for the harder ones. Honestly I've found them entertaining, he's gone through many of the basics very quickly. I hadn't seen all of the men's basics so I found the demonstration of some of them, especially on rings, to actually be quite interesting.

I don't know if he'll be able to do all of the super hard skills even in isolation, but using the tumble track and vault modifications will help anyways.

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

Back