Antwerp 2023

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

That’s not what I meant. I speak 3 languages fluently and a further 5 with varying levels of proficiency. So most places I travel to, I have been able to understand what’s going on. Recently when I was in Blagoveshchensk, I went across to Heihe (China) for the day. I don’t know any Chinese and it was quite an usual situation for me.

Antwerp is Flemish speaking, but as I said it’s very international and you will find English is more useful than French!

I actually learnt some Chinese when we decided we were going there! I don’t get stressed but i do enjoy being able to communicate, however poorly. But i haven’t been in a place where i do not speak some language for a while, so, could be it’s more stressful than i think.

And yeah depending on who you bump into they might not appreciate French in Antwerp (Belgians :roll_eyes:)

Last edited:
No one likes Belgium. It’s the one thing Europe has never fallen out over. Everyone hates Belgium

Everyone hates Belgium
*Congo and Rwanda have entered the chat.*
Do you get anxiety when you go somewhere you don’t speak the language?
I jumped the gun and did a study abroad in Japan with nothing more than an elementary ability of Japanese. It was awesome. Also traveled to Hong Kong where they speak Cantonese while I only knew Mandarin. *points to profile pic*

Last edited:
Reactions: JDB
Funnily I never thought growing up (same place as Brody Malone) I would ever use a foreign language. Nobody went anywhere. I didn’t get on a plane until I was an adult.

I went to Spain and English wasn’t even spoken in the airport by their employees. I went with a couple of people who were scared of everything so I decided travelling alone is better. The I only thing I really dislike is the airplane experience.

This country is so large and the landscape so diverse I’m not tired of traveling here. But if airfares ever come down maybe I’ll go more places.

Last edited:
I went to Spain and English wasn’t even spoken in the airport by their employees. I went with a couple of people who were scared of everything so I decided travelling alone is better. The I only thing I dislike is the airplane experience.
When I went to school in Spain, I was so nervous because no one I met there spoke English(not even my teachers and except the Americans I met of course)… thankfully it was fine but it is nerve-racking!

Think of worlds as a challenge. You have one year to achieve fluency in Dutch.

Last edited:
Yes it is absolutely different because, how dare you, this one word is not the same.

Meanwhile, Spanish is totally fine and appropriate to define what’s spoken in Spain and most of the Latin American countries.

As you can see, i have no scars whatsoever from my time in the Netherlands

I went to Antwerp in 2013 and will be there next year unless something kills me first.
I only speak English and had no problem getting around.
The arena food was pretty good.
Going to Worlds is totally worth it - so do it at least once.

I was in Anaheim. It was very cool.

Anaheim was very cool except I got bronchitis and was so sick during the comp

The preliminary schedule is out. The preliminary map of sections of seats is out.

Last edited:
But no tickets yet. Some blurbs about hospitality and visitor packages. Whatever. I can figure out how to eat without buying a special package.

I have a place to stay, direct flights to Brussels from my location make it easier. Definitely seriously looking at it. No interest in packages, they always include crap I do not need.

I hope it is easier to buy tickets online than Liverpool was, the online system would only give us shite seats, so I had to call to get better, and even then they were not amazing. Considering the empty seats, that ticks me off.

I should be in the UK during that time, so it’s a big possibility for me!

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back