Ana Padurariu

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Caligym

Defender
Assume this means Ana Paduraiu is going for Worlds?! And Janelle McDonald will be coaching her!

I’ve seen speculation that she’s demo-ing because she’s switching nationalities to Romania, no idea how true that is

Given the stuff that’s come out about what’s going on within the Romanian team, it seems a pretty crazy thing to do. But Canada are already qualified, maybe she feels she can make a real difference to Romania’s chances

It’s just rumours. I think it was based off someone reporting that one of the UCLA gymnasts was going to make an elite comeback for a new nation. At the time everyone thought Emma Malabuyo for the Philippines and then it switched to Ana for Romania. I don’t even know how legitimate the original comment was, but the rumours increased once it was confirmed she was demo-ing.

I’m happy to see her do whatever she decides to do, and think it would be interesting to see how a genuinely NCAAish routine does in elite. Padurariu hasn’t really looked like she could crank out elite difficulty, but who knows? She’s certainly still gorgeous; the more we see of her, the better.

Someone on Twitter said they were watching on the first day and that she did beam. Ana also put a story of Emma Spence hugging her and Ana was wearing a long-sleeved leo so it would definitely seem she did. We don’t seem to have scores though.

Someone on Twitter said they were watching on the first day and that she did beam. Ana also put a story of Emma Spence hugging her and Ana was wearing a long-sleeved leo so it would definitely seem she did. We don’t seem to have scores though.
That’s great. Wonder why no score though? The other demo gymnast received scores.

This thread might need to be renamed to unexpected UCLA elite comebacks :). Emma Malabuyo is on the nominative roster for Asian Champs!! Aleah is back too, as well as Kylee Kvamme from Metropolitan in Washington who has a Y1.5 and is committed to Alabama. All for the Philippines.

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back