2024 US Olympic Trials WAG Day 2 (6/30)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

The selection procedures explicitly state though that the team is being chosen for 5-4-3 prelims lineups. Unless they are fine putting up Jade on bars in prelims, this pretty much eliminates Josc and Tiana.
I feel like that is vague enough that they can justify anyone they pick into that criteria. At least compared to the man where it is super specific, this does give them some wiggle room for picking who they want.

While I would pick Hezley and it's not close for me, Jade's bars are fine for qualification if it's one of Josc or Tiana who get it. They are clean which is all they need.

Wong has also done bars twice at Worlds and hit.
2023 TQ
2022 TF (and had not done bars in prelims mind you)

I think its Wong (experienced) or Hezly (experience for future).

I don't see Roberson, Lincoln, or Sumansekera do to Jade being on the team. Unless they decide Jade is fine for TQ on bars. If Lincoln makes the team, who do they take off floor in TQ? Lee or Chiles?

2023 TQ

I don't see Roberson, Lincoln, or Sumansekera do to Jade being on the team. Unless they decide Jade is fine for TQ on bars. If Lincoln makes the team, who do they take off floor in TQ? Lee or Chiles?
Ironically, Lincoln’s best chance for making the team was one with Blakely on it.

Now when we lost Blakely (my very favorite) and Jones (and DiCello, but she wasn't on 'my' team), my favorite became Lincoln.
But sadly I don't think there is a path for her. If you have Biles, Chiles and Lee doing AA, and Carey VT and FX because that's where she could make EF... then you can't have Lincoln on floor in quals...
Rivera is the most likely 5th team member at this point, unless she messes up tonight.
I like Rivera, but I don't care about her 'clown school' father. Wish the cameras spared us.

I feel like that is vague enough that they can justify anyone they pick into that criteria. At least compared to the man where it is super specific, this does give them some wiggle room for picking who they want.

While I would pick Hezley and it's not close for me, Jade's bars are fine for qualification if it's one of Josc or Tiana who get it. They are clean which is all they need.
I’m so interested to see how the contenders perform tonight. There is practically a “free” ticket to Paris in play. Who rises to the occasion and who crumbles?

USAG has not tweeted out what Shi's injury is or that they're wishing her the best in her recovery. Something they did do for both Skye and Kayla. I wonder if Shi is technically still in the running.
She technically is, since she did compete at trials. She's only being ruled on the basis of a quote from Chellicia that the team will be selected based upon current ability and not where they might be in 4 weeks time. Shilese not competing bars tonight might indicated she has been advised not to risk it, as it wont increase any chance that she still might have. If they want to take her for the bars she performed on Friday, I'm guessing they can.

2023 TQ

I don’t see a problem with Carey doing bars in qualifying. I think if Roberson or Sumanseekara go lights out on beam and Rivera doesn’t, they won’t reach past them to get a 4th best bar routine. Carey’s is fine.

I just can’t see Lincoln having a chance if Chiles and Lee stay 2/3 (either order). They will want to put up 3 AA’ers.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back