2024 Russia Cup, Novosibirsk

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Dementyeva is a two time world medalist with one of those being the team gold and European AA champ. Pravdina finished last in the AA in 2006…

I could post a list, going back 20 years of juniors who have broken my heart.

And actually, whilst we’ve got 5 hours to kill, I will.

Lidia Sidorova, Elena Anoshina, Yulia Lozhechko, Nadezhda Ivanova, Elena Kokareva, Alyona Donodina, Irina Isaeva, Kristina Pravdina, Daria Elizarova, Karina Myasnikova, Nadezhda Chikhireva, Svetlana Voronova, Kristina Goryunova, Yulia Belokobylskaya, Ekaterina Baturina, Anastasia Sidorova, Anna Dementyeva, Margarita Slepchenko, Violetta Malikhova, Tatiana Solovyeva, Ramilia Muzina, Viktoria Kuzmina, Diana Elkina, Maria Bondareva, Nailia Mustafina, Yana Nefedova, Daria Skrypnik, Anna Rodionova, Raisa Batyrova, Ekaterina Sokova, Elena Eremina, Varvara Zubova, Ksenia Klimenko, Angelina Simakova, Elena Likhodolskaya, Maria Minaeva.

Just off the top of my head
Whew, this was going down Memory Lane. I remember when people were looking to Ivanova to be the "anti-Nastia".

Whew, this was going down Memory Lane. I remember when people were looking to Ivanova to be the "anti-Nastia".
I think it was the 2004 woga classic that ended up a sort of mini junior worlds with Liukin beating Zgoba and Ivanova. But I don’t think anyone seriously thought she’d challenge Nastia. Russia were in a real mess at that point and trying to regroup after the disaster that was 2003 worlds

This is a little off topic, sorry, but can someone remind me where we're at with the ban on the Russians? Is the FIG going to let them compete again as of 2025? Or is that a heat-induced hallucination I'm having?

This is a little off topic, sorry, but can someone remind me where we're at with the ban on the Russians? Is the FIG going to let them compete again as of 2025? Or is that a heat-induced hallucination I'm having?
They have been able to compete as neutral athletes since the beginning of this year. 4 trampolinists are competing in Paris right now as neutral athletes

Last edited:
They have been able to compete as neutral athletes since the beginning of this year. 4 Russian trampolinists are competing in Paris right now
Right, I know that. But is the FIG taking the same approach? It appears that none of the Russian WAG or MAG qualify as "neutral" according to IOC rules.

Right, I know that. But is the FIG taking the same approach? It appears that none of the Russian WAG or MAG qualify as "neutral" according to IOC rules.
The FIG are the governing body for trampolining, so the same rules apply. As far as I know, no MAG or WAG athletes have applied for neutral athlete status, so we don’t know if they’d be found eligible or not

Diana Kustova has announced her retirement. She is pursuing a career in motor racing

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back