2022 Worlds Results Book

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

The Chinese are particularly good at it. That’s what I believe they are looking for

Last edited:
Is this what they are looking for? I need to go back and relearn how to imbed. Sorry.

Edited to embed the video. Thank you YurchenkoLoop

Last edited:
I think it must be, great example! Paste the URL on a line of its own, without any other text, and it will automatically embed

It is bothersome because it was Patrick who did the artistry presentation for the FIG judges and coaches - pre defection to ROU of course - who knows, Voinea might get some bonus non-deductions now - but I’m also not sure if he is still involved with the program.

I had just watched 03 worlds. I do like that style but I’m not sure it would look good on everyone. Fan Ye probably did the most perfect routine of that quad. Just gorgeous.

I had just watched 03 worlds. I do like that style but I’m not sure it would look good on everyone. Fan Ye probably did the most perfect routine of that quad. Just gorgeous.
IIRC Fan Ye’s 9.812 on beam was the highest score in the 2001-2004 quad. At a “legitimate” meet anyway.

Ballsy to do a non-rebounding flight series. I forgot that about her routine. Even Gina did a roundoff backhandspring on the beam. Is Mustafina the only other World Champion in the modern era without a rebounding flight series? Obviously Wevers won the Olympics without one…

yes I believe you have to go back to Vera Cerna in 1979 for the last, prior to Mustafina and Fan Ye

1712700665349.png

Thorsdottier is used several times in positive artistry examples, not surprised she got 0 deductions from many judges. Being used as an example kind of tells the judges, hey I don’t deduct here because she is the example FIG sent out. It’s almost subconscious bias.
They also did it for a whole 15 minutes for Flavia's ring.

She will never get a body shape deduction on it again. She might as well load her routines up with all manner of variations.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back