2022 World Gymnastics Championships Event Finals Day 1 (Saturday 11/05)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I am going to enjoyyyyyy Jordan vs Rebeca on vault once Jordan decides to Cheng it up.

All this futzing around and inability to quickly get on with medal ceremonies means I’m going to miss the rest of today. Grrrrrr. Would I have figured that 2 hours between the start of the competition and when I have to leave to take the kid to swimming would have been more than enough time to at least see both WAG events.

So my eyes get pissed with mascara. I have contacts and they are about the only thing my eyes will allow in/near them. I can’t even imagine false lashes like that + all that chalk dust. I would be clawing my eyes out. And I am guessing at least a few of the gymnasts have contacts. It is always amazing to me that there is never a delay for someone having to rinse out a contact lens.

I heard it takes a long time in a salon to do those lashes.

I went and replaced one of the hoses on my water heater and still made it in time to see the end of the medal ceremony…

40.png
Puffin:
Marta years are over
Thank Prod! No more CHIKKKIN FRUIT CHIKKIN.
That much food 😲

Proper blast from the past, BBC have just shown Neil Thomas in 1993 and Mitch is commentating. So interesting. They’re talking about him as a trail blazer and Neil is saying he hoped it opened the doors and showed judges from other countries that it was possible for someone from the UK to be at the top. The elephant in the room obviously being that he was never going to be allowed gold, but it’s a fascinating segment. Only slightly marred by the sight of Vitaly Scherbo.

Matt said Jess should be fine for floor finals tomorrow and has had some ‘treatment’ (what ever it is)

I’ve never understood the appeal of mascara unless one’s lashes are light. I mean I guess sometimes I wish my lashes were longer, but I’m fine with the color. Falsies seem even more of a pain.

Last edited:
PH is so weird. They look like theyre in total control, and then out of nowhere they crumple. You dont otherwise see crumpling in gymnastics.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back