2022 Commonwealth Games

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

The only possible delay is the Euros team decision, surely?
Either way, it’s really frustrating. Canada too. I think I read somewhere they’re prioritising Pan Ams, so they may not send the A Team either.

The team is already decided, the euros selection is 26th with the team being announced on the 1st or after. At this rate the euros team will be announced before the CWG team

England WAG team

No Gadirovas. I suppose they decided it best that they go to Euros?

Feels…a little weak?

Canada hasn’t announced yet, correct? I haven’t seen a Pan Am roster for them, either.

just a little . At least the team competition will have some bite now! Frags I mean really.

Anyone know why NZL isn’t sending any WAG? They’re sending a full MAG team and two rhythmic gymnasts, and they’ve qualified two athletes to worlds, I don’t understand why they wouldn’t use CWG to prepare for worlds?

Not that I’ve seen. We probably won’t get confirmation until much closer to the time.

No roster yet.
But here is the schedule.

Interesting that they are going back to the old style and having team finals/qualifications on one day, instead of spread through 2 days.
I would assume that Canada, England, Australia, and Wales will be in the final subdivision together.

In 2014 the reason they split the team competition was because they didn’t have enough judges to run four events simultaneously.

They are planning four subdivisions so there are likely to be some empty events and/or several short rotations with only one or two individuals.

Last edited:
Oh I see that 2018 was only two full teams per subdivision after all. They did VT/UB and then rotated to BB/FX.

Disappointing as I really enjoy seeing 4 teams on the floor.

Agreed. I was a volunteer and at one of my early onsite training days I asked if the two events per day schedule was an error…my team leader told me about the judge issue and was also not happy with the concept.

I would say England and Australia are pretty neck and neck with Canada and Wales also neck and neck.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back