2022 Coaching Changes (vacancies in post 100)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

As of May 26

I was told Dana tried to forge freshman Corinne Bunagan’s signature on a one-year conditional scholarship contract so she could dump her, as opposed to Bunagan originally signing a multi-year deal.
So Gymcastic said yesterday that the claims of fraud and forgery are categorically untrue. Have you heard anything else from your little bird, rue?

According to Greg Marsden, Ryan Roberts has moved to UGA from Alabama and Oleksii Koltakov has gone to Nebraska.

Jenny is using her smarts and wants to keep Adrian Burde around. He was promoted to associate head coach.

Gina Quinlan keeps her position as Alabama Assistant Coach.

Matthew Degrandpre joins TWU as assistant coach.

Hmm, apparently Felicia Hano is out at Arkansas. Wouldn’t be surprised to see her at UCLA (or even Stanford) or even if she’s decided to move on from coaching.

Cal announced John Carney as their new assistant coach. It’s not on that spreadsheet yet but it’s on their official social media.

Yeah he left Missouri for Cal which is interesting.
Casey Jo better not go or Welker is in trouble!

Reactions: bhs
So i don’t really follow ncaa, but is this like a lot more changes than normal or about standard for a year?

So i don’t really follow ncaa, but is this like a lot more changes than normal or about standard for a year?
Yeah it is a bit more than usual. However, there are also four new teams. Fisk, Greenville, Simpson, Clemson so that opened up a lot of jobs.
Duckworth and Waller both resigning were the catalyst IMO.

Makenzie Caquatto named as Simpson College Assistant Coach!

Did not see that one coming!
I knew BJ Das would stay but surprised about the Grables, but we know that McDonald came from the club world before NCAA so it makes sense.

So that leaves Dom and Kristina looking for positions.

Idk, seems like a bit of a gutsy hire. I get the whole club roots thing, but this is not Cal (no offense to Cal), this is UCLA, the premier college gymnastics program in the nation. While their bio indicates 10 years in club and coaching some L10 nationals, in the grand scheme of things that is not very long coaching and little if any dealing with the type of elite and international athletes that UCLA primarily brings in. Seems like a safer move would be a more established college AC? Maybe they are going to change their recruiting philosophy to more L10s and less elites? Maybe this will be looked upon as a stroke of genius of young fresh relatable coaches? Time will tell, but definitely a surprise.

Curious to see how they will split up the events. Assume BJ floor and Autumn beam, but Janelle and Kyle are both known as bar coaches.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back