Whatever Happened to?

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Snowfan

Reaction score
I've been wanting to post this for awhile but wanted to wait until there was down time before NCAA. There are tons of gymnasts that I would love to know what they did after they retired. I"ve been able to find a lot of articles of their competitive history but nothing beyond their retirement. It would be great if there are other gymnasts that people want to know about and can have a place to ask. So here are my first two. I have more but don't want it to become all about me.
Sui Lu or is it Lu Sui? I want to say it the way they would in China.
Anastasiia Motak I know she moved to Poland with her parents but did she retire? She really could have done more and would have been a great asset to the Polish team.

Sui Lu competed domestically after her international retirement, but I don't know what happened after 2013.

I'm glad she got to go to university. I vaguely remember some documentary about Chinese athletes and that they didn't get the education that other children their age got. So that by the time they were finished with their career, they were not prepared to enter the real world and get a job to support themselves.

Ok whatever happened to Ui Soma? She came up on my Instagram, but I couldn't track down if she ever went to NCAA on a scholarship. TIA.

Ok whatever happened to Ui Soma? She came up on my Instagram, but I couldn't track down if she ever went to NCAA on a scholarship. TIA.
She will be at Stanford this year.

IMG_2275.png

I did like her! Good for her getting into Stanford that's very academic right.

Yes Stanford is very prestigious university.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back