WCC Coaches

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Random question, but how much do team coaches typically make? Is it more at the elite level vs jo? Does it go up significantly at the bigger gyms with more elites? I worked as a rec coach while in grad school and the pay was hilarious. I couldn’t imagine it being sustainable for a lot of people unless they have partners with bigger incomes.

Not much compared to other professions. Gymnastics holds true to all small business... the owner is the highest paid. Coaching in the elite world is very draining too... you're basically putting all of your eggs in one basket... this is stressful.

Ironically, the most money I ever made coaching was in a county-run program. Because the county subsidized the costs, and put us on the same pay scale as other county employees, I made so much more than I did in private clubs. For me, having tons of experience plus a Bachelor's degree and then a Master's, even though they had nothing to do with gymnastics or teaching, moved me way up the pay scale. Helped that this was one of the most expensive metro areas in the US, too.

The pay isn't great (especially with low hours a week), so all of my coaches work more than one job.

Me (who will only coach preschool/rec classes, I have a couple weeks until I am eligible to get payed) and one of my coaches (who coaches team, and has 12 more years of experience than me) were talking about the pay and she only makes the average minimum wage in America (about $12.50), while I will be making only one dollar less than her!

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back