Stephen Nedoroscik on DWTS

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Passion

Reaction score

His popularity is insane lol.

How long does this show typically run? Like is it over by Christmas? Just wondering if he’ll have a good amount of time to prepare for Worlds.

Though I guess that depends on his dancing abilities, he could be one of the first people eliminated.

Attachments

• IMG_3548.png
    IMG_3548.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 6,820
Last edited by a moderator:
I think it is cool they got a men's gymnast this time. Course, Suni and Simone have both done it right? (I don't watch the show so only vaguely remember)

He said he’s thinking some kind of gadget to keep the glasses on.

You never know when you will become viral.

But he has charisma and an atypical gymnast body. I think that is part of the appeal.
Plus the glasses (Clark Kent) and NBC hyping him as the "Pommel Guy".
Finally it came down to Steve's routine to clinch the bronze for the US and he hit under tremendous pressure.

So many likeable components to Steve, not surprised that the non-hardcore gym fans fell in love with him.

Talk about the right moment at the right time!

Both. Probably will incorporate a dramatic taking-off-the-glasses dance move.
Hopefully they will also incorporate a chalk bowl sometime so he can hang his glasses there.
(picture stolen from Ms. Pommel Horse Twitter cover)
1724359221100.png

Who would have thought a few months ago, that the gymnast doing the post Olympic DWTS would be Stephen Nedoroscik!

No one. The irony it's on PH, an event which many WAG fans (and loud podcasters) jokingly say they want removed from MAG because it's "boring" and hard to understand. And he proved there can be magic without the 10.0. I bet no one outside hardcore MAG fans even remembers or even knew what his score was.

People were upset when he was placed on the National Team after Winter Cup.
An even bigger fit was thrown by many when he was put on the Olympic Team.

He had some luck. Part of the appeal of the story is he had to wait through the entire competition to be the last one up on the last event, which would not have happened had the US not qualified in 5th.

He had to do the work to be in position to get that luck - he worked hard to become more consistent and be able to adjust his routine if needed. He used the right strategy to get on the team in the first place.

I do feel a little badly for the other 4 guys on the team who set it up so that Stephen only needed a 12.8 to get the US to a bronze medal. Hopefully they are good with it and realize this is good for the whole sport of MAG in the USA and men's NCAA gymnastics in particular.

No one. The irony it's on PH, an event which many WAG fans (and loud podcasters) jokingly say they want removed from MAG because it's "boring" and hard to understand. And he proved there can be magic without the 10.0. I bet no one outside hardcore MAG fans even remembers or even knew what his score was.
I want to defend myself and say that it is rings I want removed for being boring and hard to understand. ;-)

(I am a little sad Jade didn't get the call cuz I wonder if having to work with a pro dancer and have to dance something totally different week after week would help her expressiveness)

(I am a little sad Jade didn't get the call cuz I wonder if having to work with a pro dancer and have to dance something totally different week after week would help her expressiveness)
Jade ended up flying under the radar during these Olympics. She wasn't the team star, the 16-year-old, the reigning Olympic AA champion coming back from kidney disease, or the gregarious team captain who was ⅓ of a memorable podium moment and is now the center of an ongoing controversy.

As for Nedoroscik, I've admitted to being wrong and eating my criticisms of being put on the Olympic team, especially after the expected team star had a meltdown during qualifications. And I've never had an opinion on any MAG event to be discarded, but I still want to know what that one-armed twirly thing Stephen does twice in his routine. It's cool as hell.

And I've never had an opinion on any MAG event to be discarded, but I still want to know what that one-armed twirly thing Stephen does twice in his routine. It's cool as hell.
I still giggle at Spencer’s live blog from PH “circle circle circle weeeee circle circle weeeee circle dismount”
I think the one armed twirly thing is a weeeeeee element 😊

I’m hoping Jordan might get the call too. What a great way to get over the bronze fiasco.
Would they have 2 gymnasts on the same season? Also Jordan is going back to school, so I don’t know if she would be able to do it all. I can definitely see her doing a future season though

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back