Staff member
Defender
Reaction score
Here it is...

Attachments

• sarah-j.jpg
    sarah-j.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 1,302
Gabrielle Hardie left TCT a little while ago too. She's training at a gym in South Dakota now.

Wow, big shake up. TCT hired Tom Farden over the summer, wonder if both those departures are related.

Hardie is back at the gym she was at before moving to TCT.

Wow, big shake up. TCT hired Tom Farden over the summer, wonder if both those departures are related.

Hardie is back at the gym she was at before moving to TCT.
Was Hardie back at her home gym as a temporary move over the summer and will now follow Jantzi to Pacific Reign? Or to another elite gym, if the west coast is too much of a move. Unless she’s dropping back to L10, which I doubt, can’t see her not going to another elite gym

I found this recent article on Hardie, and I'm just not sure what to make of the move. I don't think she'll be following Jantzi, they seem convinced the new coaches at All American will help her achieve senior elite success. I'm curious if Hardie was unhappy at TCT for a while leading up to this and left, or they knew Jantzi was leaving and didn't want to stay with Farden. Regardless, seems like they aren't interested in leaving Sioux Falls.

Last edited:
Yes. Tom Farden got hired, then shortly after Mike Hunger left TCT to Utah.

Glad Jantzi got out of there.
As one who had to report abuse to USAG years ago, I can't imagine she would enjoy working with an abuser.

Also, why isn't Tom Farden on the USAG banned list???

Yes. Tom Farden got hired, then shortly after Mike Hunger left TCT to Utah.

Glad Jantzi got out of there.
As one who had to report abuse to USAG years ago, I can't imagine she would enjoy working with an abuser.

Also, why isn't Tom Farden on the USAG banned list???
I would imagine that USAG can only ban if there are criminal charges or someone has been subject of a safe sport investigations? Have any other ex NCAA coaches been banned by USAG?

I am cautiously optimistic that brining in Jantzi means Cale realized he's not the right coach to take Simone and Jayla to the next level. That's not easy for a gym owner who got kids to elite to admit.

I would imagine that USAG can only ban if there are criminal charges or someone has been subject of a safe sport investigations? Have any other ex NCAA coaches been banned by USAG?
Does Safe Sport have jurisdiction over NCAA? The organizational structure has always been somewhat mystifying for me

Did we forget she wrote a letter in SUPPORT of Maggie Haney? Or that when informed of LD’s crimes, she went to Rhonda? As opposed to, you know, the authorities?

I won't fault Jantzi for going to Rhonda. A lot of organizations have people report up the chain as their mandatory reporter MO, and train their staff as such. Should it be the norm? Given that it requires people in higher level positions to actually be responsible, maybe not, and it's a good thing that's changing. But is it the way a lot of groups trained it, especially a decade ago? Yeah. At least she reported it, and then asked more questions later, too.

I said this on WWG when everything came to light, and I will say it again here. Until you have been in that situation, do not judge. The gymnasts themselves were unsure if they were being abused. Jantzi overheard a conversation--Maggie Nichols did not come to Jantzi and say "I'm being sexually abused." She could have dismissed it. She could have rationalized it away. She didn't. In hindsight, we could say "she should have gone to law enforcement" but in the moment she made the decision she thought was right.

And I will once again point out that USAG did go to law enforcement. And the FBI dropped the ball, repeatedly. USAG started hounding the FBI. USAG! They're an organization guilty of a multitude of sins. But if they had not kept pressing, Larry Nassar might still be walking free.

This is not a get out of jail free card. But until you've been in the middle of these situations, where you are questioning your very sense of the world, please give grace. People are generally trying to do the right thing in the midst of extremely confusing events that they have no experience in.

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back