Sabrina Voinea

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Did Sabrina Voinea not compete at the actual RomGym? - I can't see her on the results.

She was at the RomGym PT as the Rom squad was scored for PT as part of their Olympic selection process. I'm not sure what Rom will do about AA as Sabrina has regressed on UB had a total meltdown on (even by her standards) - she scored only 7.75 ... and yes that's D+E

Ok, I have a 2.5 E Score. How did I do? 😂

That's.....beyond bad. She looks dreadfully out of shape. It blows my mind that an elite gymnast cannot do a simple cast handstand. I wonder what is actually going on. It's got to be way more than tendonitis in her legs.
Yeah she can’t cast from a glide kip.

Yeah Romania were lucky that Germany has had injury issues

Actually, Romania could have very easily missed out. Germany finished less than a point behind them.
Korea and Canada finished behind Romania, granted Canada already qualified in 2022.
But Romania wouldn't have missed out if Germany was healthy, Korea would have.

Mexico was 14th at 154.628, so Romania was ahead of Mexico by 3.167. Granted Mexico imploded on beam.
Hungary was a point back from Mexico as well.

Romania would have finished 9th over Australia without Voinea balking vault. The difference between the two teams was .101 and Romania counted Andreea Preda's FTY 12.966. Judging by how vault was being scored, Voinea would have likely gotten 13.8-14.0 for her DTY, so they lost a full point just from vault alone.

Actually, had Voinea vaulted a DTY, Romania would have beaten Japan out of team finals and qualified 8th. The difference between Romania and Japan was .705.

Romania has a very good chance at Team Finals given Netherlands losing Thorsdottier and Japan bringing an inexperienced and young team. Interesting to see how Canada performs and if it will be a 2022 performance or 2023 performance.

But it wouldn't have taken a large mistake for Korea and Germany to pass Romania. Ultimately, there were 4 teams fighting for 3 spots (Australia, Romania, Korea, Germany), there were less than 8 tenths separating the 4 teams! Any one of those 4 could have found themselves the odd team out, this time it was Germany.

Japan was also fighting for a spot too. As well as Mexico, Mexico was on pace for top 9 after vault and bars, but unfortunately had that beam implosion.

Japan just .7 ahead of Romania.
If Voinea vaulted as normal, Romania would have been in team finals over Japan.

It was definitely wide open for sure though. Hungary would have been in the mix with Kovacs as well.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back