Sabrina Voinea

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

My sense watching that routine is that she just doesn't put in the numbers on bars. I would guess that she hates working on the event and under-trains relative to her strengths. I have zero confidence that she has hit that routine in practice and I hope they bench her on the event in Paris.
Seriously. Making team finals should be the priority. Can she even make the AA final with that bars set?

My sense watching that routine is that she just doesn't put in the numbers on bars. I would guess that she hates working on the event and under-trains relative to her strengths. I have zero confidence that she has hit that routine in practice and I hope they bench her on the event in Paris.
Definitely. She just wasn’t made to train bars properly when she was younger

Maybe the difference between Sabrina and the likes of Ponor, Cheng Fei and Sacramone is they they all got their start when gymnastics was still AA focused by default. It was just expected that they would do bars to a relatively high level until late in the day, and put in a certain amount of training time. Whereas for the whole of Sabrina's time in the sport, there have been viable models of gymnasts opting out of some apparatus.

Did Sabrina Voinea not compete at the actual RomGym? - I can't see her on the results.

She was at the RomGym PT as the Rom squad was scored for PT as part of their Olympic selection process. I'm not sure what Rom will do about AA as Sabrina has regressed on UB had a total meltdown on (even by her standards) - she scored only 7.75 ... and yes that's D+E

It's insane that she's even attempting those skills when she's clearly not up to it. It's a disaster waiting to happen.

Maybe the difference between Sabrina and the likes of Ponor, Cheng Fei and Sacramone is they they all got their start when gymnastics was still AA focused by default. It was just expected that they would do bars to a relatively high level until late in the day, and put in a certain amount of training time. Whereas for the whole of Sabrina's time in the sport, there have been viable models of gymnasts opting out of some apparatus.
I don't think I've ever seen Ponor do a bar routine. She was never in the AA as far as I can remember because she never did bars .

I don't think there is a question of leaving her off the team - if she hits she is strong on bb and good on fx and and ok, if scrappy vt - so solid scores on 3 events for the team. I guess she will do AA in prelims but won't be allowed near ub in TF.

She had a really weird run up then ducked off but hit the springboard with one foot. Mama went stalking around the arena like she was going to corner the judges.

There are two views.

Voinea did do AA in TQ at Europeans (11.300 bars), but left off bars for TF. But Ceplinschi did not end up competing. Ceplinschi was originally in the start list for floor and Voinea was on the start list for bars.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back