Romania

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

rlayt

Staff member
Defender
Reaction score
Let’s talk Romania and anything related. AFAIK It has been fairly quiet in the gymnaverse about their gymnasts during this downtime and we are waiting on results if appeals that affect Ana and Sabrina. In the meanwhile I’m sure Romania is buzzing amongst the different factions which always seem to be working against each other.

Will ponor continue to act like a poor athlete rep in favor of the Voinea contingent?

I an curious to see what happens for Romania 2025-2028. We all figured it would be an almost impossible comeback for them after missing out on 2016 and 2020. They had almost no depth and gymnasts would retire suddenly. They managed to rise like a phoenix (hence the Paris Leos) and finished a remarkable 7th as a team.

What will the future bring for the team? If they can hold onto their Paris group headed toward Los Angeles they have a very good chance at making another team final.

How are the Romanian juniors looking? Not sure how much longer Sabrina's body will hold up, given that Camilla seems determined to break her in half. Plus, I assume they are losing Lilia Cosman--I've not seen any indication that she plans to forgeo attending Michigan State. She had been splitting her time between Romania and the US, and it sounded really hard on her and her parents.

Cosman I was curious about as well since she is attending MSU. But I wonder if she would take a gap year for 2028 season and train for LA. She did do AA in TQ and also VT/UB in team finals.

Would Romania allow her to train in the US and join the team for specific events?

Or would it be similar situation to Amelie Morgan??

I an curious to see what happens for Romania 2025-2028. We all figured it would be an almost impossible comeback for them after missing out on 2016 and 2020. They had almost no depth and gymnasts would retire suddenly. They managed to rise like a phoenix (hence the Paris Leos) and finished a remarkable 7th as a team.

What will the future bring for the team? If they can hold onto their Paris group headed toward Los Angeles they have a very good chance at making another team final.
The factions are what worry me the most in regards to continued momentum forward. If the team was able to rally around itself and members to support each other, I could see them building something longer term, but I worry that the infighting will pull them further apart instead. I have no ideal how the Paris medal debacle will affect that.

Oh, and I just remembered, Patrick Kiens is no longer to Romanian head coach! He's gone to Belgium. How is that going to impact things?

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back