Postseason bracket

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

blake

Gymlitics.io has a digital regionals bracket. I think it's a better alternative to trying to manage brackets here, but not everyone will feel the same, some might prefer doing theirs by hand and posting/scanning it, so I figured we could decide by group consensus.

Here is mine: (the left side cut off with playins)
1711556105051.png

I want Kentucky to advance to nationals, but don't trust Arkansas being fairly scored at home. I sense a Georgia 2019 situation where they were over scored completely and unfairly advanced to Nationals.
I also feel like Florida won't advance over Michigan State.

The Michigan and Florida semifinals should be fairly straightforward. Minnesota vs. OSU and Stanford vs. Auburn could get dicey.

I'm rooting for MSU to make nationals, but I think UF at home is going to be hard to overcome.
Screenshot 2024-03-28 3.11.35 AM.png

Here is mine: (the left side cut off with playins)
View attachment 10144
I want Kentucky to advance to nationals, but don't trust Arkansas being fairly scored at home. I sense a Georgia 2019 situation where they were over scored completely and unfairly advanced to Nationals.
I also feel like Florida won't advance over Michigan State.
You write like a teacher.

:)

Both my play ins today were wrong. I had Ball State and Boise State and both Illinois and BYU advanced.
0-2 so far.

I had 3/4 of the final. But I had OU to win so thats not happening now.

I think College Gym News did a simulator 10,000 times and Oklahoma won 98% of those times.

Wait... So which team won? and who won the prediction contest? LOL

I have not followed NCAA this year — I am overwhelmed. Sounds like I missed out, too — that it was a crazy post-season series of meets!

LSU won.
Oklahoma had basically 5 falls in semi finals. 1 fall on vault (dropped) plus two major landing errors that did not break 9.5 So counted two major errors. Were in the hole from the start against Bama, Utah, Florida. Next rotation Alabama had 4 out 6 gymnasts fall, so they counted 3 falls and were out of it completely.
Oklahoma bounced back on bars and seemed to maybe try to push back against Utah or Florida and still qualify, but they went to beam in the 3rd rotation. Two falls meant they counted another fall into the team total.
That allowed Florida and Utah to easily advance to finals against LSU and Cal.

LSU rightfully won the team title but were bigly overscored. Cal was 2nd just .05 ahead of Utah.
Cal was majorly underscored on bars and somewhat on beam and floor. They deserved to be much closer to LSU and further away from Utah.
Utah was actually leading Cal and LSU going into vault, but they also experienced vault issues and counted a low number to finish 3rd.
Florida was out of it from the start, counting low scores on beam in the first rotation, plus Leanne Wong fell as anchor on beam. They came back solid but unable to move up.

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

Back