Post frequency limits for current events threads

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

JDB

This is inspired by a certain thread.

I think threads relating current events, politics, and foreign relations to gymnastics should be welcome here. But they can invite off topic discussion. I recommend proactively throttling post frequency on these types of threads to maintain our high standard of informative and snarky discussion.

Can you specify which thread this is in regard to? We can turn on limitations if we know which thread.

4542_2.png
Russia-Ukraine War: Effects on Gymn World General Gymn
Here’s hoping everyone in Ukraine is safe right now. Does anybody have any word?

I don’t understand the only one post per 30 minute rule. Everything is live and “developing” these days with social media platforms. I know this is not a social media platform however I think that limiting posting is a step in the wrong direction and limits lively and engaging discussion.

Last edited:
I basically agree with Kathy. I also thought given the nature of the discussion it was pretty informative and devoid of snark. I did not see any standard being threatened or eroded. But it is up to the mods.

I personally turned off notifications of this thread cause it was getting a bit on my head, but i agree that should be each person’s responsibility rather than a feature, unless the discussion is nasty or anybody is saying something bad about chellsie or larisa

Last edited:
but i agree that should be each person’s responsibility rather than a feature, unless the discussion is nasty or anybody is saying something bad about chellsie or larisa
We might as well codify this as the threshold for post rate limiting.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back