Paris commentary highs and lows

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

RAFIKI

Defender
Reaction score
I'm still on my rewatch (annoying family holiday last week getting in the way of reliving the Olympics) so I haven't even got through the Beeb coverage yet.

Any great/terrible/cringe-worthy/so bad it's good/memorable/plain wrong commentary moments that stand out?

How were the NBC vs BBC vs Discovery vs World feed teams?

I'm still on my rewatch (annoying family holiday last week getting in the way of reliving the Olympics) so I haven't even got through the Beeb coverage yet.

Any great/terrible/cringe-worthy/so bad it's good/memorable/plain wrong commentary moments that stand out?

How were the NBC vs BBC vs Discovery vs World feed teams?
Danusia is a horrendous commentator. Not in an annoying, Laurie Hernandez way, in an actually physically painful way.

Kristian Thomas impressed me, I hope he is given more opportunities

I am getting around to watching Prime Time coverage I recorded on FUBO.
Sam still has work to do, but I am impressed with her. She is improving. I would take sam over Nastia for sure. John seems to be the new Tim. He supported both Sam and Tim but was definitely allowing Sam and Tim to lead.

I also loved anything that Snoop Dog was in and especially when he was with Martha Stewart. Those two together are TV gold, I love that they are legit really good friends and have such good chemistry together that is not forced but genuine. I was dying at their interactions, especially equestrian.

Comedy GOLD:

Danusia is a horrendous commentator. Not in an annoying, Laurie Hernandez way, in an actually physically painful way.

Kristian Thomas impressed me, I hope he is given more opportunities
Danusia makes so many factual errors she is an awful commentator. She commentated the British one year in the Arena and was terrible. Mistakes with names (some really basic ones like called Helena Helen), mistakes with information about how they qualified (in a system she went through she should know better), mistakes with how the scoring worked. She clearly had done no research or prep work at all. It was more than painful, it was insulting. I did hear a bit of Danusia for the Olympics and she was still making loads of mistakes and was underprepared. She is really bad which is a shame as I liked her a lot as a gymnast.

I pretty much stick to watching live feeds on pieces with no commentary or BBC with Christine and crew.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back