Oregon State's 2025 season?

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Regionals

Reaction score
Does anyone have any firm idea about what is happening with Oregon State for this upcoming season in terms of conference alignment? There was buzz four months ago that they were in talks with the Big 12 to join them just for gymnastics, but I haven't seen any confirmation of that. How are they putting together a 2025 schedule this late in the game if they don't even know for sure what conference they're in?
The news from the PAC-12 is that Boise State, Colorado State, Fresno State, and San Diego State are going to join the conference (joining Oregon State and Washington State) starting in 2026. But that doesn't help for gymnastics.

That sucks for Mountain West, since Boise State was their 4th member and they established the conference last year.

I had heard that Oregon State would just be independent this year.

That sucks for Mountain West, since Boise State was their 4th member and they established the conference last year.

I had heard that Oregon State would just be independent this year.
I hope that’s not the case, as it would be sad to be sitting idle while all the other teams are competing on conference championship Saturday. That’s also a score a lot of teams find useful for their final NQS before regionals.

Also, logistically, all the former PAC-12 teams that are now Big 12, Big 10, or ACC have to schedule the bulk of their meets for in-conference, which would make Oregon State have to cobble together a schedule based on spare weekends. The way I could see around the scheduling nightmare is to have Oregon State latch on as a third team in multiple what would have been dual meets.

oregon state and boise state become gymnastics affiliates of the mountain west or air force utah state and sjsu become gymnastics affiliates of the pac 12

More than likely SJSU and Air Force would return back to MPSF. Utah State would probably join as well, since they used to be in the MRGC.

I’m reading Air Force and UNLV are the next likely to be targeted to leave Mountain West for Pac 12. That would leave 3 gymnastics schools in each.

But the bigger problem, if that happens, is Mountain west will no longer have 8 schools to qualify as a conference.

It makes sense for Mountain West and Pac 12 to just merge together.
Call it Pacific-Mountain Conference. It mutually benefits all Universities involved and keeps the Pac-10/12 conference alive.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back