Haney sues busby and USAG

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

nog

In this article they are quoted as saying “Never before (nor since) Ms. Haney’s case has USAG suspended a coach based solely on claims of alleged emotional harm, where there was not a single allegation of physical or sexual abuse,” the complaint alleges. — problem is…that is exactly what the Nyman case was. Emotional abuse. And nyman was also suspended. So that’s incorrect at best

Does forcing athletes to train injured not also count as physical abuse? I mean it’s not actual hitting and stuff, if that’s all she thinks physical abuse is, but it seems pretty abusive to someone’s physical being to me.

Riley sued her right? From what I recall this had a lot of physical abuse charges. Forced training when injured etc. What is the status of her suit?

And wasn’t there a claim that she refused to spot an athlete, and then the athlete fell and got seriously hurt.

So it wasn’t just emotional use (even though that is still abuse).

There was an article detailing a family’s claim that failure to spot a gymnast who fell and suffered skull fractures. The gymnast had seizures and residual migraine. It seems like physical consequences would not be discounted but maybe Haney’s lawyers hope to whittle her suspension down another few years by clouding the truth.

Someone told me nyman already tried (and failed) to sue USAG (or center for safesport…idk which or if both). Judge dismissed it I guess

So I’m hearing that Haney’s BOYFRIEND has formed a company which has now applied for USAG membership…

And it was initially approved, but then subsequently denied.

And MG Elite is now registered in Haney’s mums name!

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back