Floor Entrances and Exits

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Pretty sure I saw like a switch ring “kick” as a floor entrance once. Maybe a Russian?

this is ridic, tho, she’s really doing a triple-arabian punch. She’s just barely over 3 revolutions. plus yeah, also the triple and 2,5 twist. They should have her do all the variations of the ring jumps here too, that’d keep the d pannel up and running for a good 5 minutes

😍 frankly, if you’re going to twist like this, I couldn’t care less whether you prance around the mat or pick your wedgie and spit on the floor right before your music goes.

These are good
They naturally flown into their opening pose, not long and drawn out. and are not excessive or overly stiff.

Last edited:
I remember a Russian doing a literal cat leap 1/1 entrance.

Well, I like those cute, creative floor entrances and exits. I don’t have a problem with Kara’s, I could take it or leave it. All that being said, I thought the FIG had banned them in WAG. I could swear I read about it some time ago. If no, then I hope they’re still allowed.

IIRC the athletes started doing them to get artistry points, but when it became clear that judges weren’t falling for it they stopped happening.

No I definitely saw a deduction somewhere. At least for “elements from the COP performed before the start of the music”.

Which would explain the cat leap 1/1 onto the floor!

Semy’s 2009 Euros performance was the first time I recall seeing an entrance like this. Did she start the trend?

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back