Double twisting double front

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

onodian

Reaction score

Nagorny. How come we’re seeing this and we’ve never had a double front 1/1? Or did we have that already and I missed it?

There have been a couple of U.S. men that have competed the full twisting double front on floor, but I don’t remember how successful their attempts were. Sean Golden was the first, around 2004-2005, and Bobby Baker was the second. Here is one of his attempts in warm-up from a Winter Cup in 2013/2014.

I tried a 1/1 double front off the 1m board in 1998 and nearly gave myself a concussion. So that was the end of that. LOL

Reactions: L_R
As a kid in trampoline, I started my routine with a full in half out. I would feel more comfortable doing a full in full out than a full in front. It feels much more like one fluid motion where you still can spot the ground to land versus doing a full and then trying to find the front tuck.

That makes sense. I never got to a full in half out. But i can totally see that stopping the twist and “finding” the front would be awkward.

And don’t forget, we’ve seen this with 1.5 twists as well, even in layout position.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back