2022 Russian Cup

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Urazova’s vault in finals was a knee ripper. How she walked away with all her ligaments intact is a mystery.

I agree. I’m happy she walked away from that one. I really wish they’d rework the technique since it seems like they’ll have this entire season to fix it. Sadly, if they keep letting her do it that way, she won’t make it to Paris.

Agreed on needing to rework the technique. She’s really not getting a good block off the table.

It looks to me that she was able to get away with the poor technique when she was smaller. Now that she’s grown, she isn’t going to

Just… no. That big grin on her face at the end was probably one of relief that she came out of it in one piece.

That is not a sustainable DTY unless she acquires better technique from somewhere, and the sooner they realise that the better. If she’s not going to be able to do it properly, start polishing the E score on the full instead.

Full coverage of Day 1 EFs:

There’s a shot of Musty judging during the vault final.

Last edited:
OMG I thought I’d imagined that!

Last edited:
And she’s judging vaults that are nearly blown out ACLs…CRINGE

WARNING INJURY!!!

Gerasimova’s vault has made it to YouTube. Watch at your own risk.

Warning injury!!!

I was wondering exactly this, with multiple of them. The movement into the block is very inefficient. And they have no business trying vaults that are such injuries waiting to happen.

Do we have confirmation that it was her ACL?

Surely the coaches can see the danger. Are the gymnasts maybe performing their vaults better in practice and it’s just competition that technique deteriorates?

Couple of nice ub routines there. The girl after ilyankova opens up with a wildly dynamic ricna-tkachev combo which i did not see coming at all

Yeah. I used to think that bars was the one apparatus where you couldn’t be a filthy trickster with horrendous form. Then I saw Maria Tretyakova

Stupid comparison and I’m aware of that, but I recall most of the 2012 Olympic team being deeper on the table. Now I’m not a technical person so I don’t know the why… maybe someone with more technical knowledge could help us understand it there’s an actual reason as to why her and Urazova specifically are deeper on the table.

As for injury confirmation, I haven’t seen it anywhere. She has a telegram but she hasn’t posted to it since before the injury.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back