2021 Worlds (Kitakyushu, Japan) Draw

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I am wondering if this Worlds will end up becoming a 2020 Europeans situation.

Spain and Australia withdrawing makes sense, they don’t have athletes in contention for medals. Stay home and train safely and move toward 2022. Both countries will be on the bubble for Paris.

I mean, is Worlds even going to happen? Japan’s been picking up on vaccinations, but their new case function sure looks concave up, or still accelerating, to me. Hopefully JPN can turn things around quickly public safety-wise, because exponential growth is persisting as we approach the 2-week mark after the Olympic conclusion.

Delta’s shredding through communities and places without a strong vaccine foothold and causing plenty of breakthrough cases even where there is. US regulatory agencies have moved rapidly on boosters, with even some municipal authorities calling audibles on boosters or mixing and matching vaccines, and some stores not having records and scheduling people for fourth doses (my uncle).

It sounds like it will be a messy fall and winter.

Last edited:
If it happens, I’d say no because it looks like Russia and GB will both want to go.

Not sure where best to put this, so here is as good as anywhere. The organisers have said they’ll permit domestic spectators.

No news yet on how many. From the use of ‘domestic’ it looks like athletes won’t be able to have loved ones watching them unless they live in Japan already.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back