USA WAG coaches?

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

MaryClare

Defender
Reaction score
Did I miss the announcement? I saw a few days ago on social media that the men’s team appointed a coach, asst coach and replacement athletes coach. But still no announcement for WAG?

Yeah, Cecile had to be one of them being the only female. I am sure while Jess is the assistant coach on paper, he will swap out with the other three at various points.

Coincidently, just seen this in my Twitter feed, although I’m not sure what the source of the screenshot is

Hmm so in 2008, Martha was named assistant coach since all the gymnasts had a male personal coach? I don’t remember her being on the floor, which I thought was a requirement. Although it’s been so long since I last watched it

Hmm so in 2008, Martha was named assistant coach since all the gymnasts had a male personal coach? I don’t remember her being on the floor, which I thought was a requirement. Although it’s been so long since I last watched it

She was definitely on the floor for TF with her hands around Sacramone’s neck.

There was a funny photo of that!
IMG_1368.jpeg

I seem to remember Bridget Sloan hit I think floor or beam and Marta went to her and said GUUUUUUD GIRRRRRRRRRRRRLLEE.
I think it was floor because Peszek was supposed to lead off and then Bridget had to.

Poor ASac... they would have still lost even she if hadn't fallen! Damn the lack of a 3rd bars worker!

I never got why Sacramone was put in for floor. She was carrying a knee injury, had a rough quaification on floor. Sloan had scored higher even with the .3 OOB on FX. I would hve gone with Sloan instead..

She was definitely there. She did her weird strangle-thing on Alicia after she fell off the beam.

Edit: didn't see all these other responses. Funny how we all remember that same thing.

Speaking of Marta strangling people, today is July 23. It was 28 years ago today that the WAG TF was held in Atlanta. There was a video of Dominique getting the patented Marta-massage after her vaults. 😳

Attachments

• domi.jpeg
    domi.jpeg
    12.1 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back