US WAG Olympic trials Night 1 Discussion

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Watching live, I thought her splits on beam looked better than at Nationals. We’ll have to see what the video replay says though.

Yeah, I remember that. If it weren’t for Suni’s father’s accident and the pandemic, maybe Suni would be closer. As it is, being within two points of Simone is nothing to sniff at. I don’t think there’s another gymnast internationally that can come that close to her.

Suni beating Simone would take a very uncharacteristic night that even having a kidney stone couldn’t achieve, but that is just two falls.

I didn’t mean to sniff at it, it just seemed weird to mention now, since Suni herself has been much closer before.

Not sure if someone already mentioned it here, but just out of curiosity what happened to Skye? I hope she’s okay.

Not angry, just….

I just don’t like her gymnastics. I don’t like how she’s getting overscored. And I don’t like how her gymnastics is being rewarded over work of a much higher quality.

But I mean, if USA wants to put her bars and beam up in prelims at the Olympics, go nuts. Let’s hope GB go right after her in the rotation.

She tripped while running toward the springboard, still did the hurdle and round-off, but it was like to the edge of the board with her heels hanging off. It was pretty scary.

Last edited:

Nabz approved!!

I think the only bet for missed routines is if one of the NBC channels archived the apparatus streams.

The NBCOlympics site has an apparatus feed that can be watched back, but you need a cable login to watch.

I ran code looking at average and best scores for the following comps:

Classics, Nats & Trials
Nats Only
Nats and Trials
Trials Only

Obviously with only having night 1 of Trials scores

The highest scoring team always has Biles, Chiles and Suni on it. The 4th person is either Skinner or Wong every time. More scenarios have Skinner on highest scoring team.

It would be embarrassing rocking up to Tokyo with…Skinner. Yep, top 4 in the good 'ol US of A. Most of her E scores were in the 7s, courtesy of US judges. Can you imagine how much she will be hosed internationally? She just needs to go back to Utah, finish her education and start having kids.

I was surprised by Di Cello. My dream team is Biles, Lee, Chiles, McCallum, but I may have to learn to accept that Grace may be relegated to the position of alternate.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back