US MAG Nationals Day 2

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Anyone know exactly how much wider the new pommel horse is compared to back in the day?

The pommel horse routines are so long. It gives me anxiety. Same goes for high bar.

Last edited:
I don’t see it for Bower. They have three strong AAers in Mikulak/Moldauer/Malone. I suspect they’re going to choose an AAer who’s strong on 1-2 events for the 4th spot, probably VT or HB, instead of someone who can deliver a reliable mid-13 on every event.

Last edited:
Malone is solid… form is great… mistakes look not so bad with good form.

I don’t see it for Bower. They have three strong AAers in Mikulak/Moldauer/Malone. I suspect they’re going to choose an AAer who’s strong on 1-2 events for the 4th spot, probably VT or HB, instead of someone who can deliver a reliable mid-13 on every event.
Maybe not Bower. The teams are too small for the old considerations to matter.

I think Mikulak is going to need to show better at Trials to get to Tokyo…

Agreed that Mikulak has to improve at trials, and likely will with a couple extra weeks of training, but his scoring potential is too valuable to leave at home if the selection committee is prioritizing a team medal.

Last edited:
What happened with Shane? I turned off the broadcast for the last 20 minutes and missed it.

Correction:
He fell
Hit is head/neck on the corner of a raised mat.
Got up
Fell
Jerked his head hard
Coaches tried to stop him from continuing
Got up
Fell
Jerked his head again
Coaches tried really hard to stop him from continuing
Got up and finished
Fell 3 times
Hit head once, jerked head twice from hard falls
I called him all kinds of a fool for continuing
Came out for awards ceremony with bag of ice on his wrist
He won the award that is voted on by the other athletes (can’t remember the name)

Last edited:
Jesus. You’d think the judges could stand up at some point and signal that they wouldn’t judge the rest. Or switch the red light on or something.

Yah… the Shane thing was bad… but I’m still picking him with 3 concussions and all.

I don’t follow Men’s Gymnastics I just watch Nationals/Trials, was Milone expected to be this good? This is the first time I am hearing about him.

They put the national team members in cowboy hats

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back