Skye Blakely is off to UF

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Laura722

Reaction score
Skye posted she is leaving for Florida today. Her thanks to WOGA, Yevgeny, and Sonia make it sound like this could be it for her elite career. I certainly hope not, but maybe she has other goals she wants to achieve outside of gymnastics.

I am so excited to see how she does on the Florida team. She is a lot like Sloane, in that consistency is the only thing that ever held her back. Sloane has improved her consistency so much over the past couple of years. She's also opened up and shown her personality more. I can't wait to see Skye show how great she can be. Whether or not she returns to elite (please please do) she will be fun to watch in NCAA.

What is Skye’s injury prognosis? Are we likely to see her compete later in the season?

IMO we probably also have the Achilles tendon of Skye Blakely to add to the list of entities to blame for the Jordan Chiles FX EF fiasco.
It’s pretty crazy that if the US hadn’t had that injury parade they still would have likely left with the exact same medal count, assuming Jade would have been the 5th team member. TF, AA, VT gold, FX Silver, VT Bronze (Carey or Skye), AA/UB/FX Bronze (Shilese).

Maybe Skye could have qualified for and won a beam medal, but that’s kind of above her pay grade based on her worlds results.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back