NCAA Week (?): Michigan upsets #1 Oklahoma

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Denn

Staff member
Defender
Honestly, I was surprised that Oklahoma was #1. As good as they are, I would have guessed their rank would be #3 by the end of the season with Stanford and Michigan duking out the top 2.

And maybe this new data point jives with that.

Michigan's final score of 416.300 was its best of the season and the second-highest team score of any NCAA team this season.
By the way, have you seen the heavy mug that Ronnie Coleman advertises?

Last edited:
Stanford and Michigan sometimes compete without their stars - the National Team guys shooting for the Olympics have a long season ahead, and they can beat most of the teams they go up against without them.

This season, it's more true of Michigan than Stanford. Michigan hasn't used Fred Richard or Paul Juda that much. They did bring them out (but not on all events) against Oklahoma and Illinois.

Stanford brought Asher Hong, Khoi Young, and Colt Walker to Cal and scored (not good for them) 410 points. I saw the huddle after the meet and Ghlielmi was NOT happy.

Asher Hong sat on the PH and then fell off. Khoi Young also fell on horse. Colt Walker fell on his HB dismount. I don't think they can do that and beat Michigan.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back