Gymnast Salary and Compensation

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

makam

Defender
Reaction score
For us 'mericans, it is about 1100sqft. Very nicely decorated, hope it is in a good area/area he is interested in living in!

Carlos Yulo's condo he was given for winning gold that makam is talking about ^

Thanks, my little post up there felt real lonely and out of context! ;-)

Sorry! It’s a multi step process.

Perhaps not every post survived that journey.
I came here to comment on one that hasn't shown up yet, so probably not.

But I was just going to note that Google's estimates of net worth are often wildly wrong, usually overstated.

And also that elite training in the US can cost up to something like $30k per year, and I'm not sure what it costs elsewhere.

Edited because I should not type before coffee.

Last edited:
$3k per month might be correct, but definitely not $30k.
I mistyped and meant to say year. Teaches me to reply before coffee.

The point was that training at the elite level can easily cost a cool half million over the course of a gymnast's entire career if that gymnast moves to a high level early and then competes into their 20s when considering good training centers, nutrition, transportation, leos + warmups, travel to competitions, etc... and only the most successful gymnasts will earn anything near enough to set them up for a length of time.

I mistyped and meant to say year. Teaches me to reply before coffee.

The point was that training at the elite level can easily cost a cool half million over the course of a gymnast's entire career if that gymnast moves to a high level early and then competes into their 20s when considering good training centers, nutrition, transportation, leos + warmups, travel to competitions, etc... and only the most successful gymnasts will earn anything near enough to set them up for a length of time.
Generally best case you get to save your parents (or your future self) the cost of college. Which, depending on the college could reach toward that half million mark these days... (okay, not quite that bad but still bad)

A few of the Covid year athletes lucked out because they're basically getting a master's degree paid for

Generally best case you get to save your parents (or your future self) the cost of college. Which, depending on the college could reach toward that half million mark these days... (okay, not quite that bad but still bad)
For sure, depending on the college and field of study it could be an incredible deal. An engineering degree from Stanford is for sure worth a lot more than a hospitality management degree from Ball State.

Also, if Carlos doesn't want that condo or needs a housesitter I volunteer. Also I could help him with that lifetime supply of Ramen noodles or whatever it is he's been given. 😄

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back