Figure Skating Thread (Olympic Spoilers/Discussion starting at post #16)

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

I wonder what shape she is in
I saw a video on Instagram that she took in January and she looks like she already has most of her triples back, at least up to a triple flip. I'm sure program endurance will take a little longer, but it's good that the jumps are coming back quickly.

I was quite surprised she retired when she did. With Russia out, she had a lot more opportunities to pick up a lot more hardware.

She made it clear on social media she needed a break from skating before deleting all her posts. Between her helicopter dad and the Olympics kidnapping attempt, I understand why.

I'm so happy for Isabeau, Madison, Evan, Ilia, and Jason. They really did America proud at worlds. Ilia's long program, in particular, was insane...a world record. And if nothing else, Amber's triple axel got the third spot back for the USA women, because she ended up placing 10th rather than 12th or 13th.

Worlds is so much better without Russia.

I really don’t care for Malinin’s skating at all. He rightfully won, but there was no reason to cook his PCS as much as they did.

Worlds is so much better without Russia.

I really don’t care for Malinin’s skating at all. He rightfully won, but there was no reason to cook his PCS as much as they did.
I think this was the first Worlds I didn't miss Russia, but I can't help but wonder if it's because I'm American and I will always have some small degree of bias against Russia, even though I loved Alina Zagitova and Anna Shcherbakova, and Gordeeva and Grinkov are one of my favorite pairs of all time.

Last edited:
While there were other fantastic stories, especially Malinin's free skate, the one that caught my attention the most was Adam Siao Him Fa vaulting from 19th to 3rd. Has anyone ever jumped anywhere near that much to medal at a major competition before? What was the biggest jump previously?

US did really well here!
Too bad about the pairs finishing so low.
So in Boston next year, 2 pairs, 3 men, 3 women, 3 ice dance.
Nice way to represent at home worlds.

Ilia Malinin's worlds performance is making waves in American media. He was even featured in a broadcast network other than NBC.

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

Back