British WAG (and MAG!) talk

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

Alice has had a helluva couple of years. I've thought for a while she was at higher risk of burnout than most elite athletes, even without any other complicating factors.

There was the whirlwind of Tokyo. Competing injured, medalling, and then surgery in I think September 2021. She was back doing AA by mid March 2022, which is astonishingly early really. CWG and Euros back to back in summer, and we all saw the level of exhaustion there. The elation of the world team silver then the disappointment of just missing AA bronze, then domestic competitions in early 2023 in preparation for a March Euros.

Barely time to pause for breath.

Alice has had a helluva couple of years. I've thought for a while she was at higher risk of burnout than most elite athletes, even without any other complicating factors.

There was the whirlwind of Tokyo. Competing injured, medalling, and then surgery in I think September 2021. She was back doing AA by mid March 2022, which is astonishingly early really. CWG and Euros back to back in summer, and we all saw the level of exhaustion there. The elation of the world team silver then the disappointment of just missing AA bronze, then domestic competitions in early 2023 in preparation for a March Euros.

Barely time to pause for breath.
I just re-watched the 2017 Stuttgart WC which was her first international meet I believe. The improvement from there to the 2022 worlds AA final is remarkable. I hope she is healthy and has a great performance in Paris.

Apparently Becky lost a whole thumbnail a couple of weeks ago, and had to have emergency surgery. Urgh. GB are absolutely world leading when it comes to manky injuries. Starting to think they're now in the repayment phase of whatever Faustian pact was made for the China vault rotation in 2021.

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

Back