2024 Olympic Games: WAG All-Around Finals: Thursday, August 1 12:15 pm ET

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

lspatterson

Reaction score
simone-reb.jpeg

Live Video: TV: NBC Local or Peacock+
Live Scoring :https://olympics.com/en/paris-2024/results/artistic-gymnastics/women-s-all-around/fnl-000001--

WAG All-Around Finals

:vtl:
1. 🇺🇸 Simone Biles
2. 🇧🇷 Rebeca Andrade
3. 🇺🇸 Suni Lee
❌🇺🇸 Jordan Chiles
4. 🇩🇿 Kaylia Nemour
5. 🇮🇹 Manila Esposito
6. 🇮🇹 Alice D'Amato

:ubl:
7. 🇨🇳 Qiu Qiuyuan
8. 🇨🇦 Ellie Black
9. 🇯🇵Kishi Rina
10. 🇧🇷 Flavia Saravia
11. 🇨🇳 Ou Yushan
❌🇮🇹 Elisa Iorio
12. 🇦🇺 Ruby Pass

:bbl:
13. 🇩🇪 HelenKevric
14. 🇷🇴 Ana Barbosu
15. 🇯🇵Nakamura Haruka
16. 🇵🇹 Filipa Martins
❌🇯🇵 Okamura Mana
❌🇧🇷 Jade Barbosa
17. 🇳🇱 Naomi Visser
18. 🇭🇺 Bettina Lli Czifra

:fxl:
19. 🇷🇴 Amalia Ghigoarta
20. 🇬🇧 Georgia-Mae Fenton
21. 🇩🇪 Sarah Voss
22. 🇨🇦 Ava Stewart
❌🇯🇵 Ushioku Kohane
23. 🇬🇧 Alice Kinsella
❌🇨🇦 Aurelie Tran
24. 🇨🇴 Luisa Blanco

Reserves:
R1. 🇮🇱 Lihie Raz
R2. 🇳🇱 Lieke Wevers
R3. 🇫🇷 Melanie De Jesus Dos Santos
R4. 🇳🇿 Georgia-Rose Brown

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so anxious about this. Crazy to think that this time tomorrow it will be over already. (It's about 3pm Wednesday 7-31 as I write this.)

I really was thinking today if Simone does the Cheng it really is a bit of a race. Probably not really close if she does a good floor, but we could get there without a lot of space between her and andrade. I just really want Rebecca to go out and really go for gold, even if it's a lost cause. Please gymgods grant us a historic fight, that we may insult each other on it for years and years on end.

Ps. Gutsu was the clear winner

I world is conspiring against me. I had to reschedule an appointment for 10-11 am tomorrow, and then have a meeting at 1 pm.

You know who I'm most excited for? Luisa Blanco.
10000%! On top of the 8 million other reason I’m delighted she made this final, it’s a nice treat for Justin Spring after his great commentary services this Olympics.

Depends how she feels. I would think she would do the YDP because it gives her a boost over Andrade. Andrade was less than .4 from Simone in team finals.
NBC's Gold Zone show was comparing Simone, Rebeca, and Suni. The YDP gave Simone a full point over Rebeca in qualifications. That's hard to give up as likely Rebeca and Simone will be about equal on vault with the Cheng. Simone and Rebeca are about equal on bars. Beam is beam. FX is Simone's advantage, but a few OOB can whittle that down.
But who knows.

I have a mandatory meeting at 11 but am cleared for leave at noon so whether it is over or not, this girl is bouncin' Luckily, I live like ~10 from home so I should make it with 5 minutes to spare (but there better not be any cops on the road)!

I think if warmups are going well, Simone does the YDP. If they are feeling ishy, she'll do the Cheng and hope to keep her passes inbounds (it is so weird that she is so much stronger now and her Biles 1 used to be a mile from the corner but now it is nearly always out (or barely in). You'd think she could take 1 or 2 less steps with all her adult strength)

I hope it’s an exciting competition. It would be great to see a bunch of gymnasts competing for the podium, at least for the bronze.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back