How is the mobile site working?

I find my phone keyboard sometimes becomes suddenly squirrely when I try to reply on mobile, but that may be a ‘my phone’ issue.

Ok… try now. The mobile progress bar and back button should be there now on mobile. You can click on the mobile progress bar to move through the post. You can click on the button to go back to the furthest post that you have seen.

I’m not sure about this one… anyone else having this issue?

Seems fixed! Mobile progress bar is back now.

1 Like

My issues could be user error. I cannot get the quote feature to work on the phone–it seems to stall. Sometimes I read the forum on my phone, but tonight I got frustrated and switched back to the computer after a bit.

(That’s probably not specific enough to be helpful.)

Do you mean when you are highlighting the text and then the quote button appears… or when you are hitting the direct reply button that is right inside of the post next to the right of the heart?

After I highlight the text, the quote icon/button appears. When I select quote, it seems that my keyboard freezes up or lags dreadfully. Mostly if I want to quote someone and respond, I pull out the laptop.

Interesting… can you try it on someone else’s phone or a different device when you get a chance?

I just tried here and it seems to be working on my phone.

Ok… read this post… the “mobile progress bar” should be back now…

@QuietColours and @ucrgirl What type of phones are you using and what browser? We have two people with weird keyboard issues on mobile… anyone else?

Android Moto G Power, running Android 11 (although I think it started before I upgraded, but I’m not certain. It happens on Chalkbucket too), using Firefox 89.1.1

I am using an iphone se which is running software version 14.4.2

I have been using the edge browser.

The only other mobile device I can try is an old ipod (that is not running remotely current iOS.) I had the same keyboard delays using the quote feature–to the point of getting frustrated and ditching my typo-laden comment. But on that old device I wouldn’t think the errors are a gymnaverse problem.

@falcon9 I noticed that the forum seems to be working better on my phone in the last week or so. I’ve been able to use the quote feature on my phone. I did update to iOS 14.6 (but maybe I have just become more familiar with how the mobile site works).

1 Like

Excellent!

Mobile site is working great for me aside from getting the odd ad as mentioned upthread. I never managed to use wwgym on my phone but tbh I didn’t try that hard as it was probably better for my productivity :grin: Now I can read and post on my phone, very dangerous!

1 Like

Let me double check with the ad company and see if they have a fix for rogue ad yet. I was hoping that would be fixed by now… but I am still seeing it as well.

1 Like

I am still seeing the ads as well on mobile.

I am seeing the ad too.

The rogue ad should be gone now.

1 Like

Great, thanks for sorting it/poking the people who sorted it.

2 Likes