BB and FX Artistry (Rules and Discussion)

Here are the Artistry rules for the 2022-24 Code:

1 Like

I feel like there should be an additional composition deduction for failure to integrate the sideways dance into the routine bc some routines have jarring transitions before/after that part. Also having a 0.2 option for some of the deductions or giving the judges a scale of deductions between 0 and 2 or 3 tenths rather than a flat -.1 might be helpful in distinguishing great/good/poor.

What would be an example of a mount without DV? Even a hop on to the end of the beam is an A. Just climbing on like if you’d fallen?

1 Like

I feel like Ou Yushan’s beam mount is without DV. Maybe I’m just completely missing it in the Code.

1 Like

Hmmm. Interesting.

We know anything she does is a fall risk, they might as well take the .1 on the chin.

2 Likes

Looking at it in that light, it might well be worth it!

This looks to me like I’ve seen it. Surely this won’t take a deduction? It would make no sense, and therefore maybe make fig sense

I can recall seeing that mount in NCAA/JO, more frequently in the latter.

But in NCAA/JO there is no requirement that the mount have DV (i.e. it doesn’t have to be an element). Which is why you see a lot more of those types of mounts there than in Elite.

It looks like Ou is attempting 1.103.3: Jump with hand support, 3/4 turn in support to cross sit on thigh.

Also, for reference, here is the Help Desk video on the subject:

1 Like

I love how they got Frags with that haha

1 Like

None of those mounts are any less difficult than various other A-rated mounts. #5 absolutely should not be listed. Leaping onto the beam with 1 leg is not a mount?? So stupid.

I believe the reason #5 was included as an example is because of the rule that for Element 1.101 to receive DV, the free leg must be held no lower than horizontal upon landing.

1 Like

Would ShawnyJ’s tuck jump on from the side be ok? That number 5 looks harder to me.

1 Like

So it wouldn’t count as an A and be deducted for lack of being horizontal? It just would get .1 off? Sorry if this is lame but I’m trying to learn.

I think the deduction is 0.1 for not mounting with an element listed in the TOE. I guess there could still be deductions for body shape? Tbh I don’t know how the judges evaluate “non-skills”.

So confusing.

1 Like

I would say no considering:

• The tuck jump itself is no longer in the table of elements.
  • This mount falls under the exceptions to mounts without DV being recognized as A when a simple jump to sit, kneel, or land on one or two feet.
1 Like