2022 World Gymnastics Championships Event Finals Day 2 (Sunday 11/06)

TBD placeholder for event

What time do things start?

Beam at 9:10 am. Floor not until 11:05. Because this sounds like a great way to grow the sport and entice broadcasters to show competitions live. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Ready for Rebeca’s Mustafina 2013 moment.

2 Likes

Yeah dangit. I’ll get to see bb but i got stuff to do and will miss fx. Those here, make descriptive comments, please!

1 Like

Is Flavia still in for fx?

1 Like

I think competitions should be scheduled with the athletes and local audience in mind. MAG vault at stupid o’clock just to get it in US prime time would be self defeating and scary.

6 Likes

It is frustrating for those in other time zones but you are of course entirely correct.

As for me I just wish my professional life cooperated and allowed me to watch worlds this year, which is did not.

4 Likes

as of now

1 Like

Almost every worlds i can remember has event finals on a Saturday and Sunday afternoon local time.

2 Likes

I mean, they could have at least made it so event finals are live in the afternoon in the U.S, like team finals and the all-around. The problem with the team and all-around is that they’re on weekdays. I wish worlds were in the summer like the Olympics.

1 Like

So the whole world must adapt because in the US the gymfans want to watch gymnastics at a confortable time?

3 Likes

Oh, my complaint personally wasn’t because of the time (very convenient generally, just not today because of previous plans and lack of rerun/replay) but more about the time between events. I want them to keep the warm ups but get faster with the judging and maybe save the medal ceremony til the end. Or do the trade-off like ncaa where one event goes while the score is being calculated and the apparatus is prepped for the next gymnast on the other event.

2 Likes

They did this at I want to say Euros one year. They had MAG FX, then WAG VT and MAG PH going at the same time before SR. Everything was over in around an hour.

1 Like

My apologies, I misunderstood your point then…

Admittedly, I wouldn’t be so irate if we had replays in the US. I feel like airing artistic sports is dying over here. ABC/ESPN only cares about NCAA and NBC doesn’t care to show the sports they do have rights to.

2 Likes

That would make it a really late finish. As we discussed for qualifications, doing elite gymnastics at 2230 is no good for the athletes and this would also hurt the arena audience. Families cannot attend competitions that finish so late on a school night and public transport here is not great on Sundays, especially at night. Sparse arenas don’t help grow the sport either.

3 Likes

Yeah this really sucks. Hopefully the gymternet can provide.

3 Likes